Friday, June 29, 2012

Update as of 6/28/2012

Hello, my name is David Flythe, I’m 32, currently unemployed, and I am currently suffering from a blood clot in my left leg. Also known as Deep vein thrombosis. You can see from my picture the effect of it on my left leg. I am in need of money to acquire treatment from a primary care doctor. If you could read my full story I would be grateful.

My crisis began on Friday May 25th when I woke up with what I thought was just minor back pain on my left side almost in the center, I went about things as normal that day finally going to bed just after 11pm. Then about 2am sat I woke up in excruciating pain, to the point I was shivering uncontrollably. I took some leftover pain medicine I had left over due to an issue with my feet back in Feb. At some point after that later Saturday morning I came to the conclusion that it was probably a kidney stone. At this point my pain had increased to the point I needed to take something for it, and when I breathed too heavily it would hurt, it would also hurt if I coughed.

Now things didn’t change much from Saturday May 26th to the 28th then in the morning of Tuesday May 29th I woke up with a new pain, in the back of my left leg, to me it felt as if the muscle was sore. This new pain didn’t seem important until I massaged the spot in the afternoon around five after which it spread up the back of my leg. I should also recount that I told my mother, before Tue., of my situation and like usual she treats it like its nothing.

On Wednesday May 30th is when things got really bad. My leg now was in constant pain to the point I was taking the leftover pain medicine with extra strength Tylenol just to keep it down. Also I found it hard to walk on said leg, as well as when I did I was short of breath and tired until I laid back down. It also seemed as if my mouth was always dry at this point after walking, even
though I was drinking more then enough water. Again I want to recount my mother treated this as if it was nothing. At this point I was concerned enough to arrange a ride through a private company to the ER of Doctors Hospital the next day.

The next day I arrived at the ER a little after 2pm, fortunately there wasn’t anyone else there at the time waiting, so they were quick in admitting me. After answering the usual questions on medical history as well as telling them what my problem(s) were the doctor had them do an ultrasound of my left leg. After a bit of time had passed the doctor came back and informed me I
had a blood clot in my leg. So I was admitted into the hospital and had what they call a filter inserted in me in the main blood vessel to the heart. And after that they ran a CT of my chest and abdomen. After which I found out I had blood clots in my lungs.

So I was in Doctors Hospital from the evening of Thursday May 31st till the evening of Monday June 4th. During that time I was given blood thinners and broad-spectrum antibiotics. I also want to point out during my time in the hospital my mother didn’t come to see me, even thought they told her what was happening with me. After I was discharged from the hospital I still had a hard time standing up and siting in a chair for a bout another week.

When I was discharged I was given a thirty day prescription with no refills for Coumadin, which the doctor from the hospital wanted me to be on that for a year. For the last four weeks I have tried to find a doctor or clinic to see me as I am unemployed, uninsured, and indigent, I have also tried the government programs but according to their system I’m ineligible for medical aid. I’m still waiting for the last clinic to possibly return my call, but at this point I feel I need to turn to alternative help.

The reason why is desperate I went back to the ER on Wednesday June 27th for a follow up since I couldn’t find any other way. They originally wanted me to be checked out on June 8th. I received another thirty day prescription with no refills for Coumadin, and the tested my blood, as it turns my the effect of the Coumadin is low risking a recurrence of my previous circumstance as
well as the worst case scenario.

Unfortunately I don’t have any family I can turn to for help, my mother could careless something I don’t want to go into right now. I also don’t have any close/real friends due to personal history due to bulling I have had a hard time making friends. So I’m asking for any help anyone can give. As I am currently unemployed and my condition does not help my appearance with employers.

I am in dire need money to see a regular doctor at least in the next two weeks for a follow up as well as to determine how much Coumadin I need to take and lastly transportation costs. If I get enough help her by then I might be able to convenience my mother to give me a loan on that. I am putting the amount I need low as it is what I need to cover additional prescriptions and doctors visits, and will not remotely cover my possible hospital bill as I have yet to receive it.

I wish I had something to exchange for asking for donations and help in paying my hospital and doctor's bills. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you and my God bless you.

I will keep updates on what happens.

David S Flythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment