Monday, June 18, 2012

My Health Crisis A Blood Clot

Recently I had a major health issue that has interfered with my ability to do things. So I’m going to give the full accounting of what has happened to me in the last four weeks.

My situation begins back on Friday May 25th when I woke up with what I thought was just minor back pain on my left side almost in the center, I went about things as normal that day finally going to bed just after 11pm. Then about 2am sat I woke up in excruciating pain, to the point I was shivering uncontrollably. I took some leftover pain medicine I had left over due to an issue with my feet back in Feb. At some point after that later Saturday morning I came to the conclusion that it was probably a kidney stone. At this point my pain had increased to the point I needed to take something for it, and when I breathed too heavily (IE fill the lungs) it would hurt, it would also hurt if I coughed.

Now things didn’t change much from Saturday May 26th to the 28th then in the morning of Tuesday May 29th I woke up with a new pain, in the back of my left leg, to me it felt as if the muscle was sore. This new pain didn’t seem important until I massaged the spot in the afternoon around five after which it spread up the back of my leg. I should also recount that I told my mother, before Tue., of my situation and like usual she treats it like its nothing or some scheme.

On Wednesday May 30th is when things got really bad. My leg now was in constant pain to the point I was taking the leftover pain medicine with extra strength Tylenol just to keep it down. Also I found it hard to walk on said leg, as well as when I did I was short of breath and tired until I laid back down. It also seemed as if my mouth was always dry at this point after walking, even though I was drinking more then enough water. Again I want to recount my mother treated this as if it was nothing. At this point I was concerned enough to arrange a ride through a private company to the ER of Doctors Hospital the next day.

The next day I arrived at the ER a little after 2pm, fortunately there wasn’t anyone else there at the time waiting, so they were quick in admitting me. After answering the usual questions on medical history as well as telling them what my problem(s) were the doctor had them do an ultrasound of my left leg. After a bit of time had passed the doctor came back and informed me I had a blood clot in my leg. So I was admitted into the hospital and had what they call a filter inserted in me in the main blood vessel to the heart. And after that they ran a CT of my chest and abdomen. After which I found out I had blood clots in my lungs.

So I was in Doctors Hospital from the evening of Thursday May 31st till the evening of Monday June 4th. During that time I was given blood thinners and broad-spectrum antibiotics. After I was discharged from the hospital I still had (have) a hard time standing up and siting in a chair. And that is my current situation.

Now this is where I need to ask for help, I was given a thirty day prescription with no refills for a blood thinner to help me the doctor from the hospital wanted me to be on that for a year. I need money to see a regular doctor in the next two weeks for a follow up as well as to determine how much blood thinner I need to take They wanted me to be tested on June 8th but I didn't have any funds for it. I don't ask for this lightly, I'm currently unemployed and my condition does not help my situation. And I wish I had something to exchange for asking for donations and help in paying my hospital and doctor's bills.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you and my God bless you.
I will keep updates on what happens.

David F

No comments:

Post a Comment